Are plastic faucets afraid of freezing? How to repair plastic faucets leaking?
Posted on May 24 2023
Plastic faucets are afraid of freezing. If you want to use it outdoors or indoors with a relatively low temperature, use a full copper faucet, otherwise the plastic faucet will be frozen. If you must use a plastic faucet, you can wrap the outside of the water pipe with a Layers of thick cotton linen. Next, let's learn about whether plastic faucets are afraid of freezing, how to repair plastic faucets leaking, and how to replace plastic faucets. I hope it can help everyone.
Are plastic faucets afraid of freezing?
The plastic faucet is afraid of freezing. If it is to be used outdoors or indoors with a relatively low temperature, it is best to use a full copper faucet, otherwise the plastic faucet will be frozen.
If you must use a plastic faucet, you can wrap a thick layer of cotton cloth on the outside of the water pipe, and wrap it from the faucet until the water pipe cannot be seen underground, so as to prevent the plastic faucet from freezing.
3. The flowing water is not easy to be frozen, so if you want to prevent the plastic faucet from being frozen, then you can keep the water in the water pipe flowing, so that the water will not be easily frozen, but this method Relatively waste of water resources.
How to repair the leaking plastic faucet
- If the plastic faucet leaks due to the looseness of the faucet, it is usually caused by the loose nut when connecting the pipe. You can first check whether the nut is loose. If it is loose, you can tighten the nut.
- If the plastic faucet is leaking due to water leakage from the lower part of the faucet, it is usually caused by the leakage of the triangular seal in the gland, which may cause water leakage. The screws of the faucet can be removed and the inside of the gland replaced with a new one with a triangular washer.
3. If the plastic faucet leaks, it may be caused by the wear or aging of the shaft pad. At this time, only the gasket needs to be replaced to solve the water leakage problem. Unscrew the faucet cover, and then remove the worn shaft gasket from the clip and replace it.
How to change the plastic faucet
If you want to replace the plastic faucet, the most common method is to use pliers to rotate counterclockwise to remove the faucet, wrap five to six turns of water-stop tape clockwise on the screw fixing place, and then install the plastic faucet clockwise.
If the plastic faucet leaks due to the wear of the shaft gasket, you can use a vise to remove the gland, use tweezers to clamp out the shaft gasket, and replace it with a new gasket.
- If you want to replace the triangular gasket of the plastic faucet, you can use a screwdriver to turn the screw on the bolt head, and then take off the gland. The triangular gasket is on the inner side of the gland, and you can replace it directly.
- If there is water leakage at the junction of the connecting pipe, just use a screwdriver to tighten the cap nut. If there is still water leakage, you need to replace the U-shaped gasket.
YOROOW Sanitary Ware has been deeply engaged in the field of faucets for more than 12 years, and has its own R&D team and production factory, which can provide customers with OEM&ODM services. As one of the most professional faucet manufacturers in China, yoroow always insists on serving all customers with the most professional knowledge and attitude, and has also received a lot of praise from customers. If you have any needs for the faucet, please Contact Us, we will give you a reply within 24 hours and do our best to help you solve the problem