Common sense of kitchen faucet selection
Posted on March 07 2023
High-quality kitchen faucets are very important. Not only are they safe and smooth to use, the water is concentrated and powerful, the coating is not easy to scratch or fall off, the switch is smooth, and more importantly, it does not drip after years of use. I have used all kinds of cheap to mid-priced faucets in my home. The experience of serious annoyance is that I changed the faucet three times within a year. Soon after each installation, either the synthetic plastic on-off valve broke or the on-off spool loosened, which was even more serious. The biggest problem is that water leaks for a long time, resulting in waste of water resources, which is not environmentally friendly.
So how to choose a suitable and high-quality kitchen faucet? The frequency of use of kitchen faucets is very high. It can be said that ordinary families use them every day, which is not far behind the frequency of use of bathroom faucets. Therefore, the following points should be adhered to when purchasing kitchen faucets:
1) Use smoothly: washing vegetables, cooking rice, making soup, washing dishes, etc. There are too many annoying things in the kitchen, it is best not to let the faucet cause trouble! Using a faucet that is convenient often makes people feel uncomfortable. To its existence, and this is mainly related to its spool, handle position, switch mode. The valve core of a good faucet can be opened and closed freely, and the handle will not feel too loose or too tight when used; the position and shape of the handle should be convenient to open and close, even with the back of the hand; the traditional screw-type faucet and wrench-type switch are no longer used in the kitchen , replaced by a quick-closing flip-open switch.
2) Easy to clean: When working in the kitchen, you will turn on the faucet with oily and dirty hands, which often makes the faucet dirty. Therefore, it is best to choose products that are not stained with oil and easy to scrub. This has a lot to do with the shape and coating of the faucet. Generally, faucets with complex shapes and changeable lines tend to leave dead spots for cleaning, and faucets with thin coatings and low hardness tend to turn black on the surface and cannot be cleaned cleanly. The editor recommends that you use more products with simple shapes and hard coatings, which can save a lot of trouble.
3) Appropriate size: In some families, the water from the kitchen faucet is easy to splash, and the falling water cannot reach the center of the sink... This is caused by ignoring the combination of the sink and the kitchen faucet. When choosing a kitchen faucet, you must know the size of the sink, and choose the appropriate faucet according to this size. Make sure that the angle of the water outlet is right in the center of the sink, which can be rotated 180° or 360°, and even the faucet is designed to be telescopic and movable, and the distance from the bottom of the sink is just right so that it is not easy to splash water.
4) Water saving and environmental protection: The water consumption in the kitchen is very large, and modern decoration "energy saving and environmental protection" is the mainstream, so this should also be paid attention to when choosing faucets. Water-saving faucets will save 30-40% of water than ordinary faucets, which can save a lot of water expenses for the family after a long time of use. Now there are two main types of water-saving faucets: one is to use a good bubbler to inject air into the water to prevent splashing of falling water and maintain the flushing effect, while also slowing down the water flow speed and reducing the water flow to achieve the purpose of water saving ;The other is the "reminder" design of the handle. When the handle is raised to a certain height, there is an obvious sense of pause, reminding the user that the water consumption has increased.
5) Unified style: The unification of decoration style is also the focus of modern homeowners. In the kitchen, the sink can be matched with different materials and styles, while the style of the faucet is mainly reflected in the line shape and surface coating.
6) Humanized design: With the continuous improvement of kitchen faucet production technology, product design has become more and more humanized. In addition to making it easy for everyone to use, the merchant also specially produces left-handle faucets suitable for left-handed people. In addition, for those who have a large kitchen space, are used to washing directly with water, like to use spraying methods, and enjoy innovative fun, etc., there are also 360-degree rotating, pullable nozzles, direct flushing or nozzle conversion, and flexible shapes on the market. A wide variety of products.
Style choice: Modern and minimalist homes are suitable for simple style, chrome-plated, single-handle mixing faucets, while classical, American, and European-style homes are more suitable for kitchen faucets with round shapes, gold, copper-colored plating, and double handles.
Selection of specifications: According to the specifications of the sink, it is necessary to select the appropriate faucet, so as to ensure the convenience of operation and use.
Hopefully this article on choosing a kitchen faucet will help you easily pick the perfect faucet for your home that will always be with you. If you have any questions or want to compare the differences and designs of various faucets, welcome to our Italian brand Bareno kitchen and bathroom showroom. Our service specialists are happy to answer your questions, and you can browse the various products in the showroom comfortably.
YOROOW Sanitary Ware has been deeply engaged in the field of faucets for more than 12 years, and has its own R&D team and production factory, which can provide customers with OEM&ODM services. As one of the most professional faucet manufacturers in China, yoroow always insists on serving all customers with the most professional knowledge and attitude, and has also received a lot of praise from customers. If you have any needs for the faucet, please Contact Us, we will give you a reply within 24 hours and do our best to help you solve the problem.