Do You Know All These Materials of The Faucet?
Posted on September 17 2022
Faucets are common sanitary ware hardware in our daily life. There are many kinds of materials, and the replacement speed is very fast. Therefore, many owners will comprehensively consider materials, functions, shapes and other aspects when purchasing faucets. What materials are there? How should the faucet be maintained? Let's find out with me.
What materials are the faucets made of?
- Stainless Steel Faucet: beautiful and elegant, exquisite workmanship, healthy material, acid resistance, alkali resistance and corrosion resistance, the service life can reach 100 years, but the production is complicated and the interior is easy to corrode.
- Plastic Faucet: rich in shape and color, heat-resistant, non-deformable, not easy to scratch, environmentally friendly and healthy, easy to install, but has a short service life, if it is used in the sun for less than a year, it will corrode.
- Brass Faucet: the surface is chrome-plated, anti-wear, anti-corrosion, shiny, designed according to the service life of 600,000 times. However, the electroplating process on the surface is not good, and it will fall off for a long time. In addition, the copper faucet contains lead, and the lead and other substances in it may be released into the tap water after a long time.
- Cast Iron Faucets: are relatively cheap and can be bought for three or five dollars, but they have a short lifespan and a single function. They are mostly installed in conventional simple public buildings and civil building facilities.
- Zinc Alloy Material Faucet: smooth surface, good mechanical properties and wear resistance at room temperature, the price is cheaper than copper faucet. However, it is poor in corrosion resistance, contaminant precipitation and durability.
How should the faucet be maintained?
1.Regular cleaning of the surface usually, after using the faucet for a period of time, it can be simply cleaned, as long as it is directly cleaned with water, especially when there are oil stains on it, it should be cleaned immediately. But every month or so, you need to spend a little more time cleaning. It would be better if you can wax the surface of the faucet, then wash it and wipe it with a dry soft cloth.
2.Cleaning inside the faucet. When we usually clean the faucet, we can't just stare at the exterior, and think that it is enough to clean the exterior. In fact, the interior also needs to be cleaned, and the interior is the most important. For example, in the process of normal use, the water is not smooth or bifurcated, which means that the bubbler is blocked.
3.To prevent scratching the surface of the faucet, the wire ball cannot be used when cleaning, because the wire ball is very burr, and it is easy to scratch the surface and scratch the surface if you brush the surface, which will directly affect the aesthetics of the appearance. . So when cleaning, you can use a scouring pad, or a soft rag. Then wipe off all the water on the metal surface of the faucet, because the evaporation of water will form scale on the metal surface. Wipe lightly, do not rub vigorously. Dry with a damp sponge and soft leather to keep the faucet clean and shiny.
4.Good usage habits, faucets should develop good habits in normal use. It is best not to touch the faucet directly with dirty hands, especially if there are oil stains on the hands, so that the oil stains will be wiped on it. It is not easy to clean, which directly affects its smoothness. When the hands are dirty and need to be cleaned and the faucet is turned on for cleaning, it is best to clean the faucet immediately after hand washing.
Summary: The above is the introduction of all the materials of the faucet and how to maintain the faucet. Finally, I hope this article can help you.