Don't you know how to maintain a faucet? Master these skills and make it easy
Posted on September 20 2022
With the continuous development of social economy, in real life, we will encounter various problems. As a product that is frequently used in our daily life, the faucet wears quickly, so how to maintain the faucet is also a hot topic. The following will take you to understand what tips are needed when maintaining the faucet.
Easy Faucet Cleaning Tips
Faucet cleaning is actually not complicated, as long as you keep it regularly, you can make the faucet look like new for a long time.
- If it is a copper faucet, if you want to clean the electroplating surface, you can use boiling water and detergent to scrub, or you can directly use some strong degreasing and decontamination detergent for cleaning.
- For scale, rust, etc. on the faucet, just wipe the surface with a damp cloth or sponge dipped in a little special detergent, and then dry it with a clean cloth or rinse it with water.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush dipped in toothpaste or wipe gently with a scouring pad dipped in toothpaste to remove scale and oil stains and make the surface of the faucet clean and bright.
- Many people only pay attention to the surface of the faucet when cleaning the faucet, but the inside of the faucet is actually more important. If the faucet is running low or splits, it may be caused by a clogged aerator. The bubbler can be removed, soaked in vinegar, cleaned of debris with a small brush or other tool, and then reinstalled.
Faucet cleaning precautions
Although the chrome plating of the faucet claims to be resistant to corrosion and rust, incorrect cleaning methods can still lead to abnormal wear and tear of the faucet.
- Do not wipe the surface of the faucet with hard objects such as steel balls, because the steel balls are very hard and it is easy to scratch the surface of the faucet.
- It is best to use a neutral cleaning agent for cleaning. The cleaning agent with strong acidity and alkali is not suitable for cleaning with a faucet.
- After cleaning the faucet, use a dry, lint-free towel to wipe off the remaining water on the surface to avoid residual water stains.
Faucet use and maintenance skills
- Do not switch the faucet too hard, just turn it gently. Even a traditional faucet doesn't need a lot of force to screw it. In particular, do not use the handle as an armrest for support or use.
- The metal hose of the shower head of the bathtub faucet should be kept in a natural stretching state, and do not coil it on the faucet when not in use. At the same time, when in use or not, be careful not to form a dead angle at the joint between the hose and the valve body, so as not to break or damage the hose.
- Under the condition that the water pressure is not lower than 0.02mpa (ie 0.2kgf/cm2), after using for a period of time, if the water output is found to decrease, or even the water heater turns off, you can lightly tap the water at the water outlet of the faucet. Unscrew the screen cover, remove impurities, and generally return to normal.
- It is necessary to invite experienced and qualified professionals for construction and installation. When installing, the faucet should try not to collide with hard objects, and do not leave cement, glue, etc. on the surface, so as not to damage the gloss of the surface coating. Pay attention to remove the debris in the pipeline before installing the faucet.
To sum up, when we use the faucet in our life, we must maintain it, because only in life, with care, can we use it better.