How to choose a faucet? How to avoid excessive lead in faucets?
Posted on September 30 2022
When it comes to the faucet, I believe everyone should be familiar with it. Don’t look at it as a small object. In fact, it has a very large effect. If the faucet is not selected properly, it will not only affect the comfort of our life, but also may affect our body. healthy. How to choose the faucet? How to avoid the lead exceeding the standard for the faucet? Come and find out with me on the front.
How to Choose A Faucet
Most people have no experience in purchasing faucets, but they can simply judge the quality by observing the surface of the faucet. A good faucet is uniform in color and smooth to the touch with no visible burrs, grit, or oxidation spots. When choosing, you can take a breath on the surface of the faucet, and the quality of the faucet that dissipates the mist quickly is better.
The valve core is the core component of the faucet. The valve cores commonly used on the market are mostly ceramic and stainless steel, but the quality of ceramics is better than that of stainless steel. Because the ceramic valve core is heat-resistant and wear-resistant, it can effectively prevent water leakage and prolong the service life of the faucet.
- When buying a faucet, you must buy a certificate. The inferior faucet has been used for a long time, which will produce harmful substances and cause harm to human health. Now the faucets produced by regular manufacturers have quality certificates. Everyone is buying faucets. If the merchant can't get the certificate, they can't buy it. Generally, it is recommended that you choose a faucet of a big brand, a faucet of a well-known brand, and there will be no unlicensed situation.
- To solve the internal structure of the faucet, first move the switch a few times to check whether the components are firmly and tightly matched. When twisting the switch, it is better to feel soft. If the hand feels astringent or light, it means that the assembly structure is unreasonable.
- When buying a home faucet, the easiest way is to judge the quality by the weight of the faucet. Now the faucets on the market are generally made of brass, which is relatively heavy. You can weigh the faucets in the store one by one. The heavier the faucet feels in your hand, the better the quality.
- Generally, high-end faucets have their own water wave devices. The water wave device can make the water flow fully mixed with the air, improve the scouring force, reduce the water consumption, and at the same time make the water flow generate more air bubbles, reduce the impact, and the water will not splash.
How to Avoid Excessive Lead in Faucets
- Replace the faucet regularly. Now tap water uses chlorine as a disinfectant, and the residual chlorine compounds in the water will aggravate the precipitation of lead in the tap. Generally speaking, the copper alloy faucet has been used for more than 5 years, and the amount of lead precipitation will increase greatly.
- In order to protect the coating of the faucet, it should be wiped with a wrung soft cotton cloth when cleaning. Do not wipe it directly with a wet towel to avoid leaving scale, and do not wipe with burr items to damage the coating.
- When you turn on the faucet every morning, you can leave it empty for a while, and pack the water for flushing the bathroom, mopping the floor, etc. Because the water when the faucet is just turned on tends to carry more harmful substances, such as more lead. In the same way, a tap that has not been turned on for a long time cannot be immediately tapped for drinking.
- Regularly clean the impurities in the screen, and gently unscrew the screen cover at the water outlet of the faucet to remove the impurities, once every three months at most.
Summary: The above is the introduction of how to choose a faucet and how to avoid excessive lead in the faucet. You can refer to it when choosing a faucet! Finally, I hope this article can help you.