How to clean and maintain the bathroom faucet Faucet maintenance strategy
Posted on December 13 2022
When you install the faucet and use it for a period of time, you will find that the surface of the faucet is prone to water stains. After the water stains dry, it will form very ugly spots. If it is not cleaned for a period of time, even if the faucet is high-end, it will become sad. Discoloration, so we must often clean and maintain the faucet.
Simple cleaning techniques for faucets
Faucet cleaning is actually not complicated, as long as it is maintained regularly, the faucet can last forever.
- If it is a copper faucet, if you want to clean the electroplating surface, you can use boiling water and detergent to scrub it, or you can directly use some strong degreasing and decontaminating detergents for cleaning.
- For scale, rust, etc. on the faucet, just use a damp cloth or sponge dipped in a little special detergent to wipe the surface, then dry it with a clean rag or rinse it with water.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush dipped in toothpaste or a scouring pad dipped in toothpaste to wipe gently to remove scale and oil stains and make the surface of the faucet clean and bright.
- Many people only pay attention to the surface of the faucet when cleaning the faucet, but in fact the inside of the faucet is more important. If the water output from the faucet is reduced or the water is forked, it may be caused by a clogged bubbler. You can remove the bubbler, soak it in vinegar, clean the sundries with a small brush or other tools, and then reinstall it.
Precautions for cleaning the faucet
Although the chrome plating of the faucet claims to be corrosion-resistant and rust-free, improper cleaning methods will still cause abnormal wear and tear on the faucet.
- Do not wipe the surface of the faucet with hard objects such as steel wool, because the steel wool is very hard and it is easy to scratch the surface of the faucet.
- It is best to use a neutral detergent for cleaning, and a strong acid-base detergent is not suitable for cleaning with a tap.
- After the faucet is cleaned, the remaining water on the surface should be wiped dry with a dry lint-free towel to avoid residual water stains.
Faucet use and maintenance skills
- Do not use too much force to switch the faucet, just turn it gently. Even a traditional faucet doesn't require a lot of force to screw it in. In particular, do not support or use the handle as an armrest.
- The metal hose of the shower head of the bathtub faucet should be kept in a natural stretch state, and it should not be coiled on the faucet when not in use. At the same time, when in use or not in use, be careful not to form a dead angle at the joint between the hose and the valve body, so as not to break or damage the hose.
- When the water pressure is not lower than 0.02mpa (ie 0.2kgf/cm2), after using for a period of time, if you find that the water output decreases, or even the water heater turns off, you can lighten it at the water outlet of the faucet. Gently unscrew the screen cover, remove impurities, and generally restore it to its original state.
- Experienced and qualified professionals should be invited for construction and installation. When installing, the faucet should try not to collide with hard objects, and do not leave cement, glue, etc. on the surface, so as not to damage the luster of the surface coating. Pay attention to remove the debris in the pipe before installing the faucet.
YOROOW Sanitary Ware has been deeply engaged in the field of faucets for more than 12 years, and has its own R&D team and production factory, which can provide customers with OEM&ODM services. As one of the most professional faucet manufacturers in China, yoroow always insists on serving all customers with the most professional knowledge and attitude, and has also received a lot of praise from customers. If you have any needs for the faucet, please Contact Us, we will give you a reply within 24 hours and do our best to help you solve the problem.