How to disassemble and repair the hot and cold faucet? Can the hot and cold faucet only be connected to cold water
Posted on May 22 2023
When repairing hot and cold water faucets, the first step is to close the water inlet valve. Most of the water inlet valves are located under the kitchen countertop, then adjust the size of the wrench to fit the head of the faucet, and use the wrench to twist the head of the faucet. Next, let's learn about how to disassemble and repair the hot and cold water faucets, can the hot and cold water faucets only be connected to cold water, and what to do if the hot and cold water faucets don't produce hot water. I hope it can help everyone.
How to disassemble and repair the hot and cold water faucets
- The first step is to close the water inlet valve. Most of the water inlet valves are located under the kitchen table, then adjust the size of the wrench to fit the head of the faucet, and use the wrench to twist the head of the faucet.
- Separate the water inlet pipe and hose, and use a wrench to separate the water inlet pipe and hose. When disassembling, pay special attention. Hold the water pipe with your left hand and twist the wrench with your right hand to separate the two with a light force.
- Separate the faucet and the basin, remove the fixing parts of the faucet, so that the faucet can be removed from the basin, cut off the interface with a saw, and remove the basin from the countertop. After the basin is removed, use a saw to saw off the rusty After removing the part, the faucet was successfully disassembled.
Can the hot and cold water faucets only be connected to cold water?
- The cold and hot water faucet uses the difference in opening angles on both sides of the ceramic valve core to control the mixing ratio of cold and hot water, so as to realize the function of water temperature adjustment. However, many people buy it and find that there is only one cold water pipe in their home, thinking that only one is connected to the inlet. The water hose may also function normally.
- If there is really only one cold water pipe at home, but you bought a hot and cold faucet, you can connect two water inlet hoses at the same time, and then connect one to the angle valve, and the other can be blocked with a wire plug.
- In some kitchens, the hot and cold water faucets are connected to the washbasin, so the hose under this type of faucet is very deep in the pipe, and it is troublesome to disassemble. When installing, the valve core seat can be screwed Locks onto the faucet body.
What should I do if there is no hot water from the hot and cold water faucet?
- There is a problem with the water heater. The power of hot water from the water heater is generated by the pressure of cold water. The process of turning cold water into hot water through the water heater will be affected by its own density, circulation resistance and other factors. The pressure of hot water will be lower than that of cold water. The hot water pipe The pressure is equal to the cold water pipe connected with a short high-pressure hose, and the hot water will be held in the water heater due to the pressure difference, so no hot water can be released.
- The connection of the hot water pipe is wrong. The water connection pipe of the hot and cold faucet needs to be connected carefully. If the hot water port of the faucet is connected to the cold water pipe, hot water will not come out of the faucet.
- The hot water pipe is blocked. If you use hot water for a long time, there will be scale on the pipe wall. The scale will fall off under the shock or vibration of the water pressure and circulate with the pipe. When it flows to the narrow part of the pipe, such as near the valve, it will precipitate Clogged, pipes need to be cleaned.
YOROOW Sanitary Ware has been deeply engaged in the field of faucets for more than 12 years, and has its own R&D team and production factory, which can provide customers with OEM&ODM services. As one of the most professional faucet manufacturers in China, yoroow always insists on serving all customers with the most professional knowledge and attitude, and has also received a lot of praise from customers. If you have any needs for the faucet, please Contact Us, we will give you a reply within 24 hours and do our best to help you solve the problem