What is the difference between ceramic faucets and electroplated faucets?
Posted on December 12 2022
There are many types of faucets, including ceramic faucets and electroplated faucets. Many people want to know the difference between ceramic faucets and electroplated faucets. Today, this article will tell you about it.
What is the difference between ceramic faucets and electroplated faucets
Regarding this problem, there is a big difference between ceramic faucets and electroplated faucets, not only in performance, but also in use. The following is a detailed introduction:
- Ceramic faucet
(1) After the ceramic core faucet has been subjected to more than 500,000 switch operations, it can still operate smoothly and labor-saving, and can be used for a long time
(2) The ceramic core faucet is aging-resistant, wear-resistant, and maintenance-free, which ensures the stability of operation, saves maintenance costs and labor intensity, etc.
(3) The service life of the ceramic spool, which is resistant to aging and wear, far exceeds the service life of other spools
(4) Ceramic materials have high tensile strength, not easy to deform, high temperature resistance, low temperature resistance, wear resistance, and non-corrosion characteristics determine the excellent sealing performance of ceramic materials
(5) The ceramic valve core makes the faucet not easy to leak water droplets, and also achieves the purpose of environmental protection and water saving
2. Electroplating faucet
Electroplating faucets generally refer to plating a layer of metal with better stability on the faucet. The plating material of a good electroplated faucet is metallic nickel. Chromium is just for nothing, doesn't do much. Therefore, in production control, the thickness of nickel is the most important. If you want to say how much thickness will be better, the thickness of nickel should be at least 8μm, and the thickness of chromium should be 0.2-0.3μm once.
How to repair the paint of the ceramic faucet
- If you find that the paint on the ceramic faucet is peeling off, you can close the water gate first, then buy a detergent to clean the paint off, and then use a 150 bulb to dry the paint off to repair it, without replacing it.
- If you want to increase the service life of the ceramic faucet, you must carefully maintain it when using it, and at the same time, it must be cleaned in place. In fact, the cleaning of ceramic faucets is very simple. Generally, you only need to wipe it gently with a rag. If there are stains, you can use washing powder to remove the stains.
- Ceramics and glass are the same, their thermal conductivity is not very good, therefore, it is best to control the water temperature when using it, and it should not be too cold or too hot, otherwise cracks will easily appear. At the same time, it is also necessary to avoid the impact of heavy objects when using, otherwise the ceramics are easy to lose paint, which will affect the aesthetics.
YOROOW Sanitary Ware has been deeply engaged in the field of faucets for more than 12 years, and has its own R&D team and production factory, which can provide customers with OEM&ODM services. As one of the most professional faucet manufacturers in China, yoroow always insists on serving all customers with the most professional knowledge and attitude, and has also received a lot of praise from customers. If you have any needs for the faucet, please Contact Us, we will give you a reply within 24 hours and do our best to help you solve the problem.