What should I do if the faucet keeps dripping? Does the faucet drip meter turn?
Posted on September 23 2022
In our daily life, we often encounter the phenomenon that the faucet keeps dripping, which not only wastes water resources, but also increases the expenditure of water bills. So what if the faucet keeps dripping? Does the faucet drip meter turn? Let's find out together.
What should I do if the faucet keeps dripping?
The most likely reason for a faucet that keeps dripping is that the plastic gasket in the faucet is broken, so just buy a new gasket and replace it. Here's how to replace the plastic gasket in the faucet:
- Tool preparation: pliers, screwdrivers, etc.;
- First remove the screw cap on the faucet, and then use a screwdriver to disassemble it;
- Next, remove the rotating handle on the faucet, and the valve core combination will be revealed at this time;
- You can then use pliers to unscrew the valve core;
- When disassembling the valve core, we will see the structure of the entire valve core. There is a red sealing ring in the valve core, and then a gasket can be added to the sealing ring;
- After that, all the disassembled things can be reassembled and installed.
Note: When the faucet keeps dripping, the first thing to do is to close the water valve in the home to reduce unnecessary water loss, which is not only wasteful, but also seriously damages the floor and even leaks into the downstairs neighbor's house.
Does the faucet drip meter turn?
Whether the faucet dripping water meter will turn mainly depends on the type of water meter. If it is an old water meter, the water meter will not turn when the faucet drips. Because old-fashioned water meters are all mechanical watches, their working principle is to drive the rotation of the water meter gear through the water flow, so when the faucet is only dripping water, the water flow will be very small, so the rotation of the water meter gear cannot be driven, so when the faucet drips water, Old-fashioned water meters won't turn.
However, with the development of society and the progress of science, water meters have been updated many times. Now water meters are all electronically displayed, so they have very good accuracy and sensitivity, and can even accurately feel the amount of each drop of water, so If you have a new water meter installed in your home, the water meter will turn when the faucet drips.
Note: The faucet drips, no matter whether the water meter is running or not, it must be repaired in time, otherwise it will not only waste water resources, but also bring trouble to the home or the neighbors downstairs.