Which is Better, Brass Faucet or Stainless Steel Faucet? What Are The Purchasing Skills for Faucets?
Posted on September 17 2022
Which is Better, Brass Faucet or Stainless Steel Faucet?
- Stainless steel is another popular faucet manufacturing product, most faucet manufacturers use 304 stainless steel to produce stainless steel faucets. This kind of stainless steel has good toughness, strong anti-corrosion and anti-rust ability. The surface can be very beautiful with a simple polishing treatment. Compared with copper, it does not contain lead itself, so for some people who are extremely taboo about lead, stainless steel is a better faucet material, but relatively speaking, stainless steel is difficult to process, the cost is relatively high, and it is also Contains other heavy metal elements such as chromium, and as long as it is a qualified faucet product, this heavy metal element will not cause damage to health.
- Due to the superior hardness of stainless steel faucets, the casting process used in the production process is more messy than copper faucets. At the same time, the consumables are larger, the sealing performance is relatively poor, and the price is more expensive. Although stainless steel faucets will not rust, there are still some inferior products in the market. These inferior stainless steel faucets will still rust after use.
- Stainless steel faucets belong to an emerging industry, and the manufacturing level is not mature enough. It is inevitable that some toxic heavy metal elements will be added in the production process. Although there is no data to indicate whether stainless steel faucets will overflow these heavy metals if they are soaked in water for a long time, there are many inferior stainless steel heavy metals. The content is seriously exceeding the standard, which damages people's health.
How to choose a faucet?
- During the production process of many faucets, electroplating is carried out before the surface of the substrate is treated, and the impurities retained in the faucet have a great impact on the service life of the faucet; in addition, some faucet manufacturers shorten the electroplating time in order to reduce costs. The thickness of the coating is also reduced. At this time, we have to judge the quality of the faucet by observing the color of the faucet in the case of sufficient light. The surface of the faucet should be as black and bright as a mirror, without any oxidation spots or burn marks; in addition, the faucet should also be free of pores, bubbles, leakage plating, and uniform color; no burrs and sand when touched by hand; used to press the faucet with a finger On the surface, fingerprints should spread out quickly, and it is not easy to adhere to scale.
- Turn the handle. When the faucet is purchased, there is no excessive gap between the faucet and the switch when the handle is turned, and the opening and closing are easy and unobstructed without slipping. But inferior faucets not only have large gaps, but also have a large sense of obstruction.
- Identify the mark. If you really can't tell the difference, you can choose a more formal brand. Generally, regular products have the brand logo of the manufacturer, while some informal products or some low-quality products are often only affixed with some paper labels, or even without any marks, so be careful when purchasing.
- Listen to the sound. The material of the faucet is the most difficult to distinguish. A good faucet is cast as a whole, and the sound of beating is dull. If the sound is very brittle, it must be made of low-grade stainless steel, which contains more iron elements, and the quality will be one grade worse.
Summary: The above is a complete introduction to which brass faucet and stainless steel faucet to choose and the selection skills of the faucet. You can refer to it when choosing a faucet! I hope this article can help you.And if you have any questions or needs, you can Contact Us, we will provide you with professional answers.