What should I do if the faucet keeps dripping? Will the faucet drip water meter turn?
Posted on April 02 2022
In our daily life, we often encounter the phenomenon that the faucet keeps dripping, which not only wastes water resources, but also increases water bills. So what should I do if the faucet keeps dripping? Will the faucet drip water meter turn? Let's get to know it together next.
What should I do if the faucet keeps dripping? Will the faucet drip water meter turn? _1
1. What should I do if the faucet keeps dripping?
The most likely reason for the faucet to keep dripping is that the plastic gasket in the faucet is broken, so you only need to buy a new gasket and then replace it. The following is how to replace the plastic gasket of the faucet:
1. Tool preparation: pliers, screwdriver, etc.;
2. First remove the screw cap on the faucet, and then use a screwdriver to disassemble;
3. Next, remove the rotating handle on the faucet, and the valve core assembly will be revealed at this time;
4. After that, you can use pliers to unscrew the valve core;
5. When disassembling the spool, we will see the composition of the entire spool. There is a red sealing ring inside the spool, and then a gasket can be added to the sealing ring;
6. Afterwards, all the disassembled items can be reassembled and installed.
Note: When the faucet is dripping, the first thing to do is to close the water valve in the home to reduce unnecessary water loss. Not only is it wasted, but it will also damage the floor in serious cases, and even leak into the neighbor's house downstairs.
What should I do if the faucet keeps dripping? Will the faucet drip water meter turn? _2
2. Will the faucet drip water meter turn?
Whether the faucet drip water meter will turn depends mainly on the type of water meter. If it is an old water meter before, the water meter will not turn when the faucet drips. Because old-fashioned water meters are all mechanical watches, their working principle is that the water flow drives the rotation of the water meter gear, so when the faucet is dripping, the water flow will be very small, so it can’t drive the rotation of the water meter gear, so when the faucet drips, The old-fashioned water meter will not turn.
However, with the development of society and the progress of science, water meters have been updated many times. The current water meters are electronically displayed, so they have very good accuracy and sensitivity, and even the amount of water per drop can be accurately sensed. If a new water meter is installed in the home, the water meter will rotate when the tap drips.
Note: The faucet drips, regardless of whether the water meter is turned or not, it must be repaired in time, otherwise it will not only waste water resources, but also cause trouble to the home or downstairs neighbor's home.